Global renewable energy is a young market, with various significant factors driving the market’s growth like consumption of sustainable products, increasing greenhouse emissions, etc. Allied Research states that the global renewable energy market is estimated to index at a CAGR of 8.4% from 2021-to 2030. Regardless of being costlier than fossil fuels, the renewable energy market still leads due to growing awareness to reduce global warming caused by the combustion of fossil fuels. The life of every human being is dependent on the essential services that Energy and Utilities Industry offers, like energy, electricity, gas, etc. However, the E&U industry is not immune to challenges and the need for constant transformation. Various rule-based and repetitive processes are best suited for RPA, such as report automation, billing, invoice automation, etc. In a report by Capgemini, the E&U sector could save from $237 billion to $813 billion by implementing intelligent automation on prospective processes for RPA at scale.
About the Client
The client is one of India’s largest power generating companies, mainly operating using solar and wind power plants. The company has been here for more than a decade and has shown exponential growth in the market. Our client ranks among the top 10 leading Renewable Energy companies globally and is laser-focused on delivering energy using sustainable ways.
The key challenge of our client was difficulty in generating real-time MIS reports daily. Data extraction of various reports from the internal portal was performed manually, delaying MIS report generation. The client wanted to have insights and check the health of multiple regions and departments; however, manual MIS report generation bears the chances of high error rates, leading to delays in generating MIS reports. The client immediately realized the need to implement a report automation solution.
The client chose RPATech as its digital partner and consulted with us to digitally transform their existing unsystematic report extraction process. The client immediately knew the need for implementing a report automation solution to streamline their process, gain visibility across the departments, and receive real-time reporting to make accurate business decisions.
RPATech took the following steps to implement report automation solutions into our client’s process:
- Firstly, we configured a Bot according to the client’s specifications on the UiPath platform and deployed the Bot into our client’s process.
- Secondly, once deployed, the Bot starts navigating to the required report sections in the portal. Then it applies the filters in the report and extracts the relevant information from it.
- Thirdly, it downloads the information into various report formats such as summary reports, tabular data, comparative reports, etc.
- Fourthly, the Bot saves the report into a shared folder and notifies the stakeholder via email.
- Lastly, the Bot extracts the relevant information from the daily MIS report and enters them into the YTD report.
Following were the outcomes of RPA implementation:
- Daily real-time report sharing achieved.
- 100% accurate report generation.
- 90% reduction in average handling time.
- Stakeholders were able to make profitable decisions and relevant actions.
- Significantly reduced operational costs.