The mining sector is important to our civilization as we primarily depend on it. It delivers the necessary material while facing the challenges of reasonable utilization of natural resources. With serious endeavors, the mining industry is a principal contributor to environmental and climate protection. According to a report published by The Business Research Company, the mining industry will index at a CAGR of 7% by 2025. However, considering the current COVID-19 pandemic condition, many Mining leaders are looking into novel technologies and automation solutions to reduce human involvement for the sake of safety. Automation in HR, Payroll, Data Management are some of the key candidates for RPA implementation in the mining industry.
About the Client
Our client is a large natural resources conglomerate, having a major presence in India, Africa, Ireland, and Australia. The company owns various subsidiaries with main operations in Oil &Gas, Zinc, Lead, Silver, Aluminum, Iron Ore, Steel, Copper, and others. As a significant contributor to preserving natural resources, the company’s commitment is to reduce carbon emissions to zero by 2050.
The client was laboriously processing its employee onboarding and offboarding process manually. Manually handling the process costs the client’s time, energy, money, and valuable resources. An employee’s document goes through several departments for approvals, granting, and revoking while onboarding or offboarding. Manually orchestrating the process is toilsome and burdensome. It results in high error rates and dissociation between the departments, resulting in low productivity and a high attrition rate.
Realizing the urgent need to automate HR onboarding and offboarding processes, the client selected RPATech as its digital transformation partner. And after analyzing the client’s HR onboarding and offboarding process using its in-house methodology—D3OTM and AugurDTM, RPATech implemented automation in HR to streamline the process. Following were the actions that the bot performed:
- Firstly, the Bot receives the request for onboarding/offboarding via email.
- Then, in case of onboarding requests, the bot begins with automating the Microsoft server for AD ID creation, email ID creation, licensing, and granting access to role-specific applications.
- Next, it adds employees to the SAP server and notifies the designated stakeholder to collect the assets.
- The bot first notifies the respective stakeholder to create a backup for the offboarding process. After receiving the confirmation from the user, the bot begins to remove email and user details from the SAP server, revoke access rights, and change passwords.
Following were the benefits that the client achieved with automation in HR:
- 95% of the onboarding/offboarding process is automated.
- 100% errors reduced from the process.
- The client saved 96% time, resulting in quick onboarding/offboarding.
- Minimal human intervention.
- The attrition rate decreased.
- Employee satisfaction rate improved.