The manufacturing industry is a front runner to adopting automation solutions. Beginning from the Industrial Revolution 1.0, where machines and humans worked together, the manufacturing industry is ripe for Industry 4.0, where robots take over swivel chair tasks from humans. According to a report by NASSCOM, Indian manufacturing is aiming to embrace digital transformation by 2025. Further, the report says that two-thirds of Indian manufacturers aim to build the Indian manufacturing sector of $1.1 Tn by 2025. Manufacturers are exploring disruptive technologies like RPA in manufacturing to focus on product innovation by freeing human resources from rote tasks.
About the Client
Our client is a renowned Flexible Packaging films company and India’s largest Flexible Packaging company, expertized in specialty films like BOPP and CPP used for manufacturing, labeling, packaging, and lamination. They are a significant shareholder in the Indian market and are listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange.
Our client is the largest flexible packaging company in India. Our client needed to ensure their service delivery was of premium level to match their premium brand. With 3 manufacturing facilities supplying services to all customers, multinational and Indian, the challenge was to process high volumes of sales orders within the timeline. They needed an RPA solution to automate manual touchpoints in the Sales Order process to reduce time and improve business efficiency.
After assessing the existing business practices, RPATech configured a bespoken bot on the UiPath platform. The automation of Material Master in SAP included three steps.
- The first phase involved the bot logging into the web-based company’s TMS, downloading the Excel sheet with a request of New Material creation, filtering data, and assessing the records on the portal for extracting the required details for the creation of New Master Material.
- In the second phase, the bot logs into SAP, identifies the material needed for Material Master creation, and creates the accounts as per pre-defined rules.
- In the last phase, the bot closes the ticket raised in TMS and sends an email to the concerned user attached with a report of materials created in SAP. In the event of missing details, the bot asks the customers for complete detail and updates the same post receiving the reply.
The benefits attained with RPA in manufacturing for the client were as follows:
- Creation of Sales Orders for more than 200 customers monthly.
- 100% reduction in error rates.
- 85% reduction in turnaround time.
- Processing of invoices at an unseen pace.
- Customers’ satisfaction improved.